Please note this is a temporary website; our regular website will return soon.
Menninger is a national mental health care system in Houston, Texas, with assessment and treat¬ment services for adolescents and adults with psychiatric disorders that may be accompanied by substance use or other conditions.
Menninger offers comprehen¬sive assessments, intensive inpatient, community integration, home-based and outpatient services.
Outpatient mental health care provides effec¬tive, often short-term solutions when stress becomes an obstacle, behaviors or emotions change, relationships get shaky, school or career issues emerge, sober living support is needed or a comprehensive assessment would address questions and determine next steps for care. Our wide range of services includes the following opportunities for the help you need:
- The Gathering Place provides free psychosocial, wellness and vocational programs to adults with serious mental illness.
- Individual, group and family outpatient therapies and counseling; psychological testing and medication management are available for all ages.
- Comprehensive Outpatient Assessments offer a collaborative, convenient diagnostic review with a team of experts for any age and psychiatric concern.
- Pathfinder provides individual recovery plans and real-time rehabilitation within the community for adults seeking to put insights into action and to return to independent living.
- Menninger 360 offers a range of home-based levels of care from a team of clinicians to enhance clients’ independent living and to reduce unnecessary rehospitalizations.
- The Center for Brain Stimulation offers electroconvulsive therapy, ketamine therapy and transcranial magnetic stimulation, which are administered with the support of a family member present during treatment for optimal results.
For appointments and information, call us at 713-275-5400.
Our specialty inpatient care is ideal for the adolescent or adult whose prior treatment has not provided the desired results, as well as for those seeking a fresh approach to personal insight for greater self-satisfaction and healthy relationships. Many of our inpatients experience:
- Co-occurring disorders that may include substance abuse
- Depressive disorders
- History of suicidal thoughts or attempts
- Anxiety or panic
- Personality disorders
- Substance abuse or addictive behaviors
- Relationship ruptures or attachment issues
- Non-suicidal self-harm
- Effects of trauma
Our inpatient programs provide a safe, secure and supportive environment for getting well and for learning skills to prevent relapse. Treatment teams and consulting experts provide layers of evidence-based treatments. Genetic testing is also offered for informed medication treatment.
- Adolescent Program: 2- to 4-week stay
- Comprehensive Psychiatric Assessment Service: 2 to 3 weeks for stabilization of acute symptoms and thorough assessment
- Compass Young Adult Program: 6- to 8-week stay.
- Hope Adult Program: 5- to 6- week stay.
- Professionals Program: 4- to 6-week stay
We are happy to discuss our services, out¬comes and financial assistance. Call today at 713-275-5400.